This recipe will save you a few calories but give you all the flavor of a great pumpkin pie. In fact, it has less than 1/3 the calories of most pumpkin pies.
1-1/2 cups pumpkin puree 2 eggs 1/2 cup Splenda or sugar 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated fat-free milk 1/2 cup fat-free milk 1/2 cup reduced fat biscuit mix, (Bisquick) 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon cinnamon* 1/4 teaspoon cloves 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon ginger
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 10 inch pie pan. In a large bowl or food processor, combine all ingredients. Beat until well mixed.
Pour into baking pan. Bake 55 - 65 minutes or until set in the middle.
Cool before serving.
Serve with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture if desired.
*Note: In place of the cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger, substitute 1 ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 115 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 4 Carbs, gm.: 18 Cholesterol, mg.: 40 Fiber, gm.: 1.2
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs