What a special way to dress up chicken! This sauce with apples and cranberries is fantastic. The sauce can also be made ahead.
Sauce1 can (15 ounces) cranberry sauce 1 large apple, peeled and chopped 1/2 cup golden raisins 1/4 teaspoon cumin 2 tablespoon white wine, optional 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
Chicken1 tablespoon canola oil 6 boned and skinned chicken breast halves seasoned salt* and pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, apple, raisins, and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir occasionally. Let set at least 20-30 minutes to cool and thicken slightly. Thin with wine if desired. (Sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated. Warm before serving.)
In a large skillet, heat oil. Add chicken and sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until brown on both sides of each piece and completely done in the middle.
When ready to serve, place chicken on individual plates and spoon cranberry sauce on top. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Serve any remaining sauce on the side.
*Seasoned salt such as Lawry?s or Montreal seasoning
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 300 Fat, gm.: 7 Protein, gm.: 21 Carbs, gm.: 40 Cholesterol, mg.: 50 Fiber, gm.: 2.1
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out