Enjoy this for Thanksgiving dinner or add zest to an ordinary chicken breast or pork chop dinner with this special cranberry sauce. The flavor is fantastic.
- 6 ounces (2 cups) fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar or raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Splenda or sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and continue to boil gently for 10 - 15 minutes or until cranberries are tender. Stir occasionally. Cool to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Serve with turkey, chicken, or pork.
Note: This recipe can easily be doubles using a 12 ounce bag of fresh cranberries. It keeps well in the refrigerator or it can be frozen.
Serves 4 Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 0
Protein, gm. 0
Carbs, gm. 12
Cholesterol, mg. 0
Fiber, gm. 1.8
Note from Donna:
I have lots more recipes available in my MOM'S UPDATED RECIPE BOX 2nd edition cookbook. There are 300 recipes that are healthy, modern versions of all your family's favorite homestyle recipes.
If you would like a copy, I can send it to you and you can return a check after you receive it. -
$15 plus $1.50 postage.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap