You will be attracted by the colorful cranberries in this salad and you will be surprised by the subtle flavor from the dressing. Add the crunchy nuts and you have a winning recipe.
1 cup water 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon hot curry powder 1 cup couscous 1/4 cup orange juice 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon honey 1/4 teaspoon turmeric 1/4 teaspoon tarragon 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme dash white pepper 1 tablespoon orange zest 1/3 cup chopped green onions 3/4 cup dried cranberries 1/2 cup toasted pecans
In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add salt, curry powder, and couscous. Stir quickly and cover pan. Remove from heat and let set for 5 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with a fork, Set aside. In a small jar, combine orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, turmeric, tarragon, thyme, and white pepper. Cover and shake well to mix. In a large bowl, combine couscous, orange zest, green onions, dried cranberries, and the dressing. Stir to mix. Cover and refrigerate. When ready to serve, add pecans.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 170 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 30 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.2
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI