The fresh cranberries, orange and lemon combine to make this a special quick bread.
2 tablespoons butter, melted 2 eggs 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup orange juice 3 tablespoons lemon juice 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, optional 1 tablespoon orange zest 2 cups flour 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 5 x 9 inch loaf pan or use a combination of smaller pans.
In a large bowl, combine butter, eggs, sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, vanilla, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, and orange zest. Beat with electric mixer. Add flour and beat just until blended. Add chopped cranberries and walnuts. Stir to mix.
Spoon into baking pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until set in the middle.
Note: If desired, divide batter between several smaller loaf pans.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 150 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 28 Cholesterol, mg.: 25 Fiber, gm.: 0.4
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police