This makes a wonderful unique appetizer. Serve the colorful tangy chutney on top of fat-free cream cheese or baked brie cheese. The cranberry chutney is also great served with chicken or pork.
1 medium lemon, seeded and finely chopped (include the peeling) 1 medium orange, seeded and finely chopped (include the peeling) 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries 2 cups brown sugar 1 cup golden raisins 1/2 cup white vinegar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon clove 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1 stick cinnamon 1 tablespoon Marsala wine, optional 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, optional
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except wine and cream cheese. Stir to blend. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Continue to boil gently for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in wine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Spoon chutney over fat-free cream cheese or warmed brie cheese. Serve with crackers.
Serves 20 (2 tablespoons per serving)
Nutritional information per serving without the Brie or cream cheese:
Calories 90 Fat, gm. 0 Protein, gm. 0 Carb, gm 23 Cholesterol 0 Fiber medium
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000