This makes a wonderful unique appetizer. Serve the colorful tangy chutney on top of fat-free cream cheese or baked brie cheese. The cranberry chutney is also great served with chicken or pork.
1 medium lemon, seeded and finely chopped (include the peeling) 1 medium orange, seeded and finely chopped (include the peeling) 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries 2 cups brown sugar 1 cup golden raisins 1/2 cup white vinegar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon clove 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1 stick cinnamon 1 tablespoon Marsala wine, optional 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, optional
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except wine and cream cheese. Stir to blend. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Continue to boil gently for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in wine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Spoon chutney over fat-free cream cheese or warmed brie cheese. Serve with crackers.
Serves 20 (2 tablespoons per serving)
Nutritional information per serving without the Brie or cream cheese:
Calories 90 Fat, gm. 0 Protein, gm. 0 Carb, gm 23 Cholesterol 0 Fiber medium
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls