I rate this banana bread with colorful fresh chopped cranberries a "10."
4 tablespoons butter or margarine 1 cup sugar 1 egg 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1 large soft ripe banana, mashed or cut into small pieces 1/2 cup fat-free milk 2 cups flour 1 cup fresh or unthawed frozen cranberries, chopped* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter one 9 inch loaf pan or four small 4-1/2 by 2-1/2 inch baking loaf pans.
In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat until light. Add egg and beat well. Add baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and banana. Beat until well mixed. Add milk and flour alternately, stirring well after each addition. Add cranberries and walnuts. Stir until well blended. Spoon into baking pan(s).
Bake for 1 hour if using a large pan or 45 minutes if using small pans. Bake until lightly brown on top and set in the middle. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove loaf from pan and cool on a rack.
*Note: It works best to chop the fresh or unthawed frozen cranberries in a small food processor.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 115 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 20 Cholesterol, mg.: 15 Fiber, gm.: 0.4
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire