Create a cranberry sauce chucked full of flavor.
1/2 cup dried apricot halves, finely chopped 1 large apple, peeled and chopped 3 cups fresh cranberries, sorted and washed 2 tablespoons brown sugar 1/2 cup Splenda, divided 1 cup pomegranate juice 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger (not ground ginger) 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon lemon zest
In a medium saucepan, combine apricots, apples, cranberries, brown sugar, 1/4 cup Splenda, and pomegranate juice. Stir to mix. Cook over medium heat until mixture reaches a rolling boil. Continue to boil gently, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until cranberries are tender. Remove from heat and add crystallized ginger, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Taste and adjust sweetness by adding additional Splenda if desired.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: In place of crystallized ginger, substitute 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 80 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 0.5 Carbs, gm.: 20 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.6
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say