Create a cranberry sauce chucked full of flavor.
1/2 cup dried apricot halves, finely chopped 1 large apple, peeled and chopped 3 cups fresh cranberries, sorted and washed 2 tablespoons brown sugar 1/2 cup Splenda, divided 1 cup pomegranate juice 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger (not ground ginger) 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon lemon zest
In a medium saucepan, combine apricots, apples, cranberries, brown sugar, 1/4 cup Splenda, and pomegranate juice. Stir to mix. Cook over medium heat until mixture reaches a rolling boil. Continue to boil gently, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until cranberries are tender. Remove from heat and add crystallized ginger, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Taste and adjust sweetness by adding additional Splenda if desired.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: In place of crystallized ginger, substitute 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 80 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 0.5 Carbs, gm.: 20 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.6
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted