This is an easy make-ahead sweet potato recipe that works well with either canned or home cooked sweet potatoes.
1 can (30 ounces) sweet potatoes* 2/3 cup apple juice 1/4 cup brown sugar 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries 1/2 cup sugar-free orange marmalade
Cut canned or cooked sweet potatoes into 2 inch cubes. Place in buttered 2 quart casserole dish. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine apple juice, brown sugar, cranberries, and orange marmalade. Bring to a boil and continue to boil gently for 5 minutes or until cranberries are tender. Pour over sweet potatoes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Before serving, warm sweet potatoes in microwave or an oven. Heat through.
*Note: Canned or cooked sweet potatoes can be used.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 190 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 46 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm: 5.5
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue