This is an easy make-ahead sweet potato recipe that works well with either canned or home cooked sweet potatoes.
1 can (30 ounces) sweet potatoes* 2/3 cup apple juice 1/4 cup brown sugar 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries 1/2 cup sugar-free orange marmalade
Cut canned or cooked sweet potatoes into 2 inch cubes. Place in buttered 2 quart casserole dish. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine apple juice, brown sugar, cranberries, and orange marmalade. Bring to a boil and continue to boil gently for 5 minutes or until cranberries are tender. Pour over sweet potatoes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Before serving, warm sweet potatoes in microwave or an oven. Heat through.
*Note: Canned or cooked sweet potatoes can be used.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 190 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 46 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm: 5.5
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says