Use this great flavorful sauce on the side with your Thanksgiving turkey dinner or serve it anytime with chicken or pork.
1 medium fresh lemon, seeded and chopped 1 medium fresh orange, seeded and chopped 3 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen 1 cup brown sugar 1 cup Splenda or 1 cup sugar 1 cup golden raisins 1/2 cup white vinegar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon clove 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 cup orange juice as needed 1 tablespoon Marsala wine, optional
Cut lemon and oranges in small pieces and combine in a food processor. Process the unpeeled lemon and orange until coarsely chopped. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except the orange juice and wine. Stir to blend. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Continue to boil gently for 20 to 30 minutes or until cranberries have popped. Add orange juice to thin as needed. Remove from heat and stir in Marsala wine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 4 cups.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 115 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 28 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 1.7
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement