This recipe is from Donna's new cookbook - The Easy-to-Swallow, Easy-to-Chew Cookbook. A special treat but very easy to make.
2 slices bread, crusts removed 2 tablespoons milk 1 tablespoon low fat mayonnaise 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning 1 large egg, lightly beaten 1 pound crab meat 1 tablespoon canola oil
Break bread into small pieces and place in large bowl. Add milk and stir to moisten. Add all remaining ingredients except canola oil. Thoroughly mix. Form into 4 - 6 cakes.
Heat oil in nonstick skillet. Saute cakes over medium-low heat for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly brown and done in the middle.
Note: Old Bay seasoning is one brand of seafood seasoning. It is a mixture of celery salt, pepper, cloves, allspice, ginger, mace, cardamom, cinnamon, and paprika.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 200 Fat, gm. 7 Protein, gm. 26 Carb. gm. 8 Cholesterol, mg. 150 Fiber, gm. 0.3
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say