Color your meal with red, yellow, green, and white. The best part is that it tastes as good as it looks.
1 can (15 ounces) fat-free chicken broth 1 cup whole wheat couscous 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped 1 can (11 ounces) corn, drained 2 medium Roma tomato, seeded and chopped 1/2 cup chopped parsley or cilantro 3/4 cup chopped green onions 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Dressing 3 tablespoons olive oil 2 tablespoons lime juice 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar 1 teaspoon cumin salt and pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, heat chicken broth to boiling. Add couscous, cover pan and continue to boil gently for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and let set for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, combine black beans, red pepper, corn, tomatoes, parsley, onions, and cheese.
In a small jar or shaker combine dressing ingredients. Cover and shake to mix. Pour into bowl with bean mixture. Stir to mix. Add cooled couscous and stir to mix. Let stand at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Serve at room temperature. Makes 10 cups.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 185 Fat, gm.: 5 Protein, gm.: 8 Carbs, gm.: 28 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 5.7
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000