This is a great one-skillet meal.
1 tablespoon canola oil 1 large onion, chopped 4 ounces sliced brown or white mushrooms 3/4 pound corned beef, cut in bite-sized pieces 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped 1 can (15 ounces) fat-free chicken broth, divided 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1 teaspoon caraway seed, optional salt and pepper divided 4 cups cabbage, chopped
In a large skillet, heat oil. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add mushrooms, corned beef, and carrots. Cook until mushrooms are tender. Add 1 cup of broth, potatoes, and caraway seeds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover pan and boil gently until potatoes are tender. Add additional broth if necessary. Stir occasionally. Add cabbage and cook another 10 - 15 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Add additional broth to thin if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 300 Fat, gm.: 14 Protein, gm.: 20 Carbs, gm.: 24 Cholesterol, mg.: 50 Fiber, gm.: 3.3
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls