This is a great one-skillet meal.
1 tablespoon canola oil 1 large onion, chopped 4 ounces sliced brown or white mushrooms 3/4 pound corned beef, cut in bite-sized pieces 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped 1 can (15 ounces) fat-free chicken broth, divided 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1 teaspoon caraway seed, optional salt and pepper divided 4 cups cabbage, chopped
In a large skillet, heat oil. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add mushrooms, corned beef, and carrots. Cook until mushrooms are tender. Add 1 cup of broth, potatoes, and caraway seeds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover pan and boil gently until potatoes are tender. Add additional broth if necessary. Stir occasionally. Add cabbage and cook another 10 - 15 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Add additional broth to thin if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 300 Fat, gm.: 14 Protein, gm.: 20 Carbs, gm.: 24 Cholesterol, mg.: 50 Fiber, gm.: 3.3
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says