I love the color and textures in this salad. Serve it on the side with a grilled hamburger or steak or make it a meal with whole grain bread.
3 ears fresh corn or 3 cups canned corn 1-1/2 cups fresh Roma tomato, diced 1 green or red pepper, diced 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil 1/2 cup chopped parsley 4 green onions, diced
Dressing 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard 1/4 teaspoon cumin salt and pepper to taste
Cook fresh corn in microwave or in boiling water. Cut corn off the cob.
In a large bowl, combine corn, tomatoes, pepper, basil, parsley, and green onions.
In a small food processor, combine dressing ingredients. Add to corn mixture and stir to blend well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 160 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 4 Carbs, gm.: 27 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 4.5
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart