I love the color and textures in this salad. Serve it on the side with a grilled hamburger or steak or make it a meal with whole grain bread.
3 ears fresh corn or 3 cups canned corn 1-1/2 cups fresh Roma tomato, diced 1 green or red pepper, diced 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil 1/2 cup chopped parsley 4 green onions, diced
Dressing 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard 1/4 teaspoon cumin salt and pepper to taste
Cook fresh corn in microwave or in boiling water. Cut corn off the cob.
In a large bowl, combine corn, tomatoes, pepper, basil, parsley, and green onions.
In a small food processor, combine dressing ingredients. Add to corn mixture and stir to blend well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 160 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 4 Carbs, gm.: 27 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 4.5
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan