Make pork chops special with this easy marinade and sauce.
1-1/2 pounds thin cut pork loin chops
- 1 cup diet or regular cola
- 1 cup sugar-free raspberry or blackberry jam
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries for garnish, optional
Place pork chops in a large zip-lock plastic bag. In a small bowl or jar, combine cola, jam, honey, and ginger. Mix well. Pour one-half of the mixture into bag with the pork. Add oil to the bag. Close bag and store in refrigerator for several hours or over night.
Pour remaining cola mixture into small saucepan. Add 1/4 cup wine and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until mixture is reduce by about half or becomes syrupy. Set aside.
When ready to serve, heat grill to medium-hot. Spray grates with grill oil spray. Grill pork chops for about 5 minutes per side or until brown on the outside and just slightly pink in the inside.
Note: It is best to grill the chops quickly over hot heat. Do not overcook to prevent tough dry chops.
Re-warm sauce. Add extra wine, if necessary, to thin to desired consistency. Serve sauce with the meat. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 315 Fat, gm.: 16 Protein, gm.: 26 Carbs, gm.: 16 Cholesterol, mg.: 85 Fiber, gm.: 0
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs