If you like super fudgy brownies, you will love these cocoa bean brownies. They are made without any flour and are gluten-free. Don?t tell anyone they are very high in fiber and made with beans. You have to try them to believe how good they really are!
Recipe courtesy of Linda Simon, RD and Certified Personal Chef www.dinein.us
1/2 cup cocoa 1/3 cup canola oil 1 can (15 ounces) black beans or kidney beans, drained 1-1/4 cups sugar 3 eggs 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (Optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 x 8 inch or a 7 x 11 inch baking pan. In a large food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except nuts. Blend well until very smooth. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into pan. Bake 35 - 40 minutes or just until set in the center. Do not over-bake.
For a flourless, chocolate cake and an elegant presentation, pour batter into round cake pan. Cut into wedges and serve with raspberry or strawberry sauce.
Note: The brownies can be reduced in calories by substituting the 1 ¼ cup sugar with 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup Splenda.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 115 Fat, gm.: 5 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 16 Cholesterol, mg.: 25 Fiber, gm.: 1.9
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video