This is a comforting warm, healthful dessert with the aroma of apple pie. Serve warm in small serving dishes or serve over frozen yogurt or ice cream.
4 large baking apples, peeled and sliced 1/4 cup apple juice 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture
Topping1/3 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup flour 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom 4 tablespoons butter or margarine 1/2 cup chopped walnuts*
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 7 x 11 inch baking pan.
Choose a baking type apple such as Golden Delicious for this recipe.
Peel apples and cut each apple into 16 slices. Arrange apple slices in the pan. Pour apple juice on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom. Add butter and cut into flour mixture with a knife or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse corn meal. Sprinkle evenly over apples. Top with nuts.
Bake uncovered at 350 for 50 - 60 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
*Golden raisins can be substituted for the nuts.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 145 Fat, gm. 7 Protein, gm. 1 Carbs, gm. 20 Cholesterol, mg. 15 Fiber, gm. 2.1
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial