So smooth and so good! Don't tell anyone the secret ingredient that make this light in calories and fat.
Crust 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs 3 tablespoons Splenda or sugar 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Filling 8 ounces neufchatel (low fat) cream cheese 12 ounces lite firm tofu 1/2 cup sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla 2 teaspoons brandy, optional 1 envelope (7 grams) gelatin powder 1/4 cup water
Topping 1/2 cup chocolate chips 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
In a 9 inch pie pan, combine cookie crumbs, Splenda, and butter. Mix with a fork until blended. Press firmly in bottom and sides of the pan. Set aside.
In a food processor, combine cream cheese, tofu, sugar, vanilla, and brandy. In a small saucepan, combine gelatin powder and water until softened. Heat over low heat, stirring continually, until gelatin has dissolved. Add to cream cheese mixture and blend well. Pour filling into crust.
In a small non-stick skillet, combine chocolate chips and sour cream. Melt over lowest heat just until melted. Stir to blend. Place dollops on top of pie. Using a knife, gently swirl the chocolate though the filling. Refrigerate several hours or until firm.
Note: It is important to use a food processor to create a very smooth consistency when combining the cream cheese and tofu filling.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 290 Fat, gm.: 14 Protein, gm.: 6 Carbs, gm.: 35 Cholesterol, mg.: 25 Fiber, gm.: 0.5
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns