Oh, this is so fudgy and so good! Serve it warm, right from the oven, but if there happens to be any leftover, it tastes just as good the next day.
Dry Topping 1/3 cup cocoa powder 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup brown sugar
Batter 3/4 cup flour 2/3 cup sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup milk 1 egg yolk 2 teaspoons vanilla
Chocolate Mixture 6 tablespoons butter or margarine 1/4 cup chocolate chips 1/3 cup cocoa powder
Liquid topping 1-1/2 cups brewed coffee
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter an 9 x 9 or 7 x 11 baking pan.
In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Stir and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine batter ingredients. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Set aside.
In a small non-stick skillet, combine chocolate mixture ingredients. Melt over very low heat and stir with whisk until smooth. Pour melted mixture into batter and beat until smooth.
Spoon into baking pan. Sprinkle dry cocoa sugar topping mixture evenly over the batter. Pour coffee gently over cocoa topping.
Bake for 45 minutes or until cake is puffed and bubbling and just beginning to pull away from sides of baking dish. Do not over bake.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 245 Fat, gm.: 9 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 38 Cholesterol, mg.: 40 Fiber, gm.: 2.2
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement