Don't be afraid of these friendly little bugs with big colorful eyes. They are fun to make and fun to eat.
1/2 cup chocolate chips 1 teaspoon shortening* 1-1/2 cups Chow Mein noodles 40 tiny M&M plain chocolate candies
In a small non-stick skillet, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Place over lowest heat and stir just until melted. Remove from heat. Add Chow Mein noodles and stir to mix well. Using 2 teaspoons, drop a bundle of noodles on a non-stick cookie sheet or a pan lined with parchment or wax paper. Place 2 small colored M & M candies on each bundle to represent eyes. Place in refrigerator until set.
*It is important to use shortening and not margarine when melting the chocolate. Margarine may contain water and it is lower in fat than shortening. Combining margarine with melting chocolate may turn the chocolate into a dry hard mass.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 40 Fat, gm.: 2 Protein, gm.: 0.5 Carbs, gm.: 5 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 0.4
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say