Don't be afraid of these friendly little "bugs" with big colorful eyes. They are fun to make and fun to eat.
1/2 cup chocolate chips 1 teaspoon shortening* 1-1/2 cups chow mein noodles 40 tiny M&M plain chocolate candies
In a small non-stick skillet, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Place over lowest heat and stir just until melted. Remove from heat. Add chow mein noodles and stir to mix well. Using 2 teaspoons, drop a bundle of noodles on a non- stick cookie sheet or a pan lined with parchment or wax paper. Place 2 small colored M & M candies on each bundle to represent eyes. Place in refrigerator until set.
*It is important to use shortening and not margarine when melting the chocolate. Margarine may contain water and it is lower in fat than shortening. Combining margarine with melting chocolate may turn the chocolate into a dry hard mass.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 40 Fat, gm.: 2 Protein, gm.: 0.5 Carbs, gm.: 5 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 0.4
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash