Choose a crunchy high fiber cereal and cover it with chocolate. Oh, so good!
6 ounces (1 cup) miniature chocolate chips 1 tablespoon butter or shortening 4 ounces (1 ½ cups) Kashi Crunch cereal
Line a large cookie sheet or baking pan with parchment paper. In a medium non-stick skillet, melt chocolate chips and shortening over the lowest heat. Stir to blend. Add cereal and stir to coat well. Remove from heat. Using a teaspoon, place small clusters of chocolate covered cereal on to parchment paper. Refrigerate until firm. Place in plastic bag or a covered bowl. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Note: The butter or shortening is needed for the best texture of the chocolate after it hardens. Do not use margarine because some margarines have water fillers and that would make the chocolate form a hardened mass.
Makes 40 clusters
Nutritional Information per cluster:
Calories: 30 Fat, gm.: 1.5 Protein, gm.: 0.5 Carbs, gm.: 4 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 0.7
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police