Choose a crunchy high fiber cereal and cover it with chocolate. Oh, so good!
6 ounces (1 cup) miniature chocolate chips 1 tablespoon butter or shortening 4 ounces (1 ½ cups) Kashi Crunch cereal
Line a large cookie sheet or baking pan with parchment paper. In a medium non-stick skillet, melt chocolate chips and shortening over the lowest heat. Stir to blend. Add cereal and stir to coat well. Remove from heat. Using a teaspoon, place small clusters of chocolate covered cereal on to parchment paper. Refrigerate until firm. Place in plastic bag or a covered bowl. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Note: The butter or shortening is needed for the best texture of the chocolate after it hardens. Do not use margarine because some margarines have water fillers and that would make the chocolate form a hardened mass.
Makes 40 clusters
Nutritional Information per cluster:
Calories: 30 Fat, gm.: 1.5 Protein, gm.: 0.5 Carbs, gm.: 4 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 0.7
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes