These are a real treat!! What a way to enjoy fruit for a snack.
8 ounces (1 ½ cups) fresh blueberries 1 cup chocolate chips 1 tablespoon butter or shortening
Wash blueberries and drain well. Spread out on paper towels until completely dry. In a small non-stick skillet, melt chocolate chips and shortening over the lowest heat. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Add blueberries and toss very gently. Using 2 teaspoons, remove 3 blueberries at a time and place on parchment paper in a cluster. Continue to make 3 berry clusters. Refrigerate until firm. Cover loosely with a towel until ready to eat. They will keep well for a week.
Note: The butter or shortening is needed for the best texture of the chocolate after it hardens. Do not use margarine because some margarines have water fillers and that would make the chocolate form a hardened mass.
Makes 60 clusters (3 berries per cluster)
Nutritional Information per cluster:
Calories: 15 Fat, gm.: 1 Protein, gm.: 0 Carbs, gm.: 2 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 0.3
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick