These are a real treat!! What a way to enjoy fruit for a snack.
8 ounces (1 ½ cups) fresh blueberries 1 cup chocolate chips 1 tablespoon butter or shortening
Wash blueberries and drain well. Spread out on paper towels until completely dry. In a small non-stick skillet, melt chocolate chips and shortening over the lowest heat. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Add blueberries and toss very gently. Using 2 teaspoons, remove 3 blueberries at a time and place on parchment paper in a cluster. Continue to make 3 berry clusters. Refrigerate until firm. Cover loosely with a towel until ready to eat. They will keep well for a week.
Note: The butter or shortening is needed for the best texture of the chocolate after it hardens. Do not use margarine because some margarines have water fillers and that would make the chocolate form a hardened mass.
Makes 60 clusters (3 berries per cluster)
Nutritional Information per cluster:
Calories: 15 Fat, gm.: 1 Protein, gm.: 0 Carbs, gm.: 2 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 0.3
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes