Beets are a secret ingredient in this delicious moist cake.
1 cup diced canned beets, drained 1 tablespoon honey 1 chocolate cake mix 1/2 cup butter, margarine, or oil 3 eggs 1 1/4 cups water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter two 9" baking pans or one 9" x 13" baking pan. In a food processor, combine beets and honey. Process until smooth. Place beets in a large mixing bowl. Add cake mix and add remaining ingredients according to package directions. Beat until moistened. Continue beating on medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon into baking pans. Bake for 30 - 32 minutes or until set in the middle.
Frost if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 200 Fat, gm.: 10 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 25 Cholesterol, mg.: 50 Fiber, gm.: 1.0
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry