This is a surprising good recipe. The blueberry sauce is a great way to dress up chicken breasts and it is so fast and easy to make.
4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
salt and pepper
1/2 tablespoon canola oil
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
3/4 cup peach preserves, sugar free
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard
Place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap, and lightly pound chicken to an even thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken over medium-hot heat until brown on both sides of each piece. While chicken is cooking, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to mix. Pour into pan with chicken and cook over low heat until chicken is completely cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve sauce over chicken.
Note: Regular peach or apricot preserves can be substituted for the sugar-free peach preserves.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 4
Protein, gm. 21
Carbs, gm. 16
Cholesterol, mg. 50
Fiber, gm. 1.3
More Donna's Recipes
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them