- 4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce (about 1 cup) fresh basil
- 1/2 ounce (about 1/2 cup) fresh parsley
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus, about 8 spears
- 1 large portabella mushroom cap
- 1 medium roasted red pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place one chicken breast half on a piece of heavy plastic wrap. Cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound chicken breast to 1/4 inch thickness. Set aside. In a small food processor or blender, combine olive oil, basil, and parsley.
Process until herbs are finely chopped and well blended with the oil. Set aside. Place asparagus and mushroom cap on a baking sheet. Brush vegetables with 2 tablespoons of the oil herb mixture. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool until easy to handle. Cut mushroom cap into thin strips. Arrange 2 stalks of asparagus, mushroom strips, and red pepper strips down the middle of one piece of chicken. Brush chicken and vegetables with small amount (about 1 tablespoon) of the olive oil mixture.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Starting at the long side of the chicken, roll it up with the vegetables in the middle in a cylinder shape. Roll the plastic wrap on the outside and twist both ends. Wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Place on clean baking pan. Repeat with the other 3 pieces of chicken.
Bake chicken for 35 40 minutes or until completely done. Let stand at room temperature at least 15 minutes before unwrapping to allow juices to settle into the chicken. Unwrap and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Arrange on a plate and serve with Pistachio Nut and Olive Tapenade. The chicken may be served warm or cold.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 275 Fat, gm. 19 (15 gm. are monounsaturated) Protein, gm. 22 Carb. gm. 3 Cholesterol, mg. 50 Fiber, gm. 1.3
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire