Healthful, colorful and tasty describes this easy-to-prepare family supper meal.
1 tablespoon canola oil 1 pound ground or finely diced chicken 1 large onion, diced salt and pepper to taste 1 medium green pepper, diced 1 medium red pepper, diced 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon oregano 1 teaspoon cumin 1/2 teaspoon paprika 2 cans (15 ounces each) petite diced tomatoes with green chilies 1 can (15 ounces) fat-free chicken broth 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
In a soup pot or large skillet, heat oil. Add chicken and cook over medium-hot heat until lightly brown. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add peppers, garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and paprika. Cook until peppers are tender. Add tomatoes, broth, and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 15 - 30 minutes or until stew reaches desired consistency. Serve over cooked rice.
Nutritional Information per serving without the rice:
Calories: 320 Fat, gm.: 12 Protein, gm.: 23 Carbs, gm.: 30 Cholesterol, mg.: 90 Fiber, gm.: 9.8
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight