Healthful, colorful and tasty describes this easy-to-prepare family supper meal.
1 tablespoon canola oil 1 pound ground or finely diced chicken 1 large onion, diced salt and pepper to taste 1 medium green pepper, diced 1 medium red pepper, diced 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon oregano 1 teaspoon cumin 1/2 teaspoon paprika 2 cans (15 ounces each) petite diced tomatoes with green chilies 1 can (15 ounces) fat-free chicken broth 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
In a soup pot or large skillet, heat oil. Add chicken and cook over medium-hot heat until lightly brown. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add peppers, garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and paprika. Cook until peppers are tender. Add tomatoes, broth, and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 15 - 30 minutes or until stew reaches desired consistency. Serve over cooked rice.
Nutritional Information per serving without the rice:
Calories: 320 Fat, gm.: 12 Protein, gm.: 23 Carbs, gm.: 30 Cholesterol, mg.: 90 Fiber, gm.: 9.8
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood