Dress up chicken breasts with fresh fall apples and zesty blue cheese.
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cups fat-free chicken broth
1/2 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
2 medium Golden Delicious apples, cored and sliced
1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a gallon sized plastic bag. Lightly pound chicken breasts to an even thickness. Place chicken breasts in bag with flour mixture. Toss to coat evenly. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Add chicken and cook over medium heat until brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside. Add chicken broth, apricot preserves, and apples to skillet. Bring to a boil and cook until sauce is reduced in half to a syrupy consistency. Add chicken and heat through. Serve on a platter or individual serving plates. Top with blue cheese.
Note: Crumbled feta cheese may be substituted for the blue cheese if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 10
Protein, gm. 25
Carbs, gm. 19
Cholesterol, mg. 65
Fiber, gm. 1.1
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire