If you like it sweet and soft with a nutty crunch, you will love these bars. Use the world famous Wisconsin Door County tart cherries.
Crust 1 cup flour 1/4 cup Splenda or sugar 1/2 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
Top 2 eggs 1/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup Splenda or sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup flour 1 cup fresh or frozen tart cherries 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 7 x 11 inch baking pan. In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Pat into pan with fingers. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or just until it is beginning to brown.
While crust in baking, place eggs in a medium bowl. Beat for 1 minute and then gradually add sugar and Splenda. Continue to beat for 2 minutes. Mixture will be light and creamy.
Add vanilla, baking powder, salt, and flour. Stir to mix. Add cherries and 1/2 of the walnuts. Stir to mix and pour mixture into hot baked crust. Sprinkle top with remaining walnuts.
Bake for 18 - 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 10 Cholesterol, mg.: 30 Fiber, gm.: 0.2
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike