Serve this sauce over your favorite ice cream, frozen yogurt, meringue, or angel food cake.
1 cup orange juice 1/4 cup Splenda or sugar 2 tablespoons cornstarch 2 tablespoons water 1/4 teaspoon almond extract 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 cup fresh or frozen tart cherries 2 cups fresh blueberries 1 tablespoon honey, optional
In a medium skillet, combine orange juice and Splenda. In a small cup, mix cornstarch with water. Add to skillet. Bring mixture to a rolling boil while stirring constantly. Gently boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add almond extract, cinnamon, lemon juice, cherries, and blueberries. Stir gently to mix. Add honey if desired.
Serve warm over ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 85 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 20 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 1.7
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood