Serve this sauce over your favorite ice cream, frozen yogurt, meringue, or angel food cake.
1 cup orange juice 1/4 cup Splenda or sugar 2 tablespoons cornstarch 2 tablespoons water 1/4 teaspoon almond extract 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 cup fresh or frozen tart cherries 2 cups fresh blueberries 1 tablespoon honey, optional
In a medium skillet, combine orange juice and Splenda. In a small cup, mix cornstarch with water. Add to skillet. Bring mixture to a rolling boil while stirring constantly. Gently boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add almond extract, cinnamon, lemon juice, cherries, and blueberries. Stir gently to mix. Add honey if desired.
Serve warm over ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 85 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 20 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 1.7
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say