Great for a party appetizer or serve this special bread with a soup supper.
1/2 loaf of frozen bread dough, thawed 1 egg, lightly beaten, divided 1 teaspoon oregano or dill weed salt and pepper 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided 3 ounces lean ham, thin deli sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 7x11 inch baking pan. Divide a loaf of thawed bread dough in half. Place the dough on the baking pan and roll or pat to almost fit the pan, leaving on inch on all sides. In a small bowl, beat egg and oregano together. Using a pastry brush, spread a thin layer of egg on the dough. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Arrange ham on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Carefully fold over 1/3 of the long side of the dough towards the middle. Take the other side of the dough and fold it over the top. Turn the loaf seam side down in the baking pan. Brush lightly with egg mixture. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through in the middles.
Note: Change the amounts of ham and cheese to suit your individual tastes. Choose the cheese of your choice.
Calories: 140 Fat, gm.: 5 Protein, gm.: 7 Carbs, gm.: 14 Cholesterol, mg.: 40 Fiber, gm.: 0
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement