This salad has a fabulous combination of flavors.
4 cups broccoli florets 1 cup dried cranberries 2 cups grapes 1 cup frozen green peas 1/2 cup diced celery 1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar 2 tablespoons Splenda or sugar 1/4 teaspoon salt
Topping 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice
Add broccoli to a large pan of boiling water. Cook only 20 seconds or just until broccoli turns bright green. Drain and chill quickly under cold running water. Drain well. Place broccoli in large bowl. Add cranberries, grapes, peas, celery, and onions. Stir gently to mix.
In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Stir to mix well. Add to broccoli mixture and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Place in serving bowl and top with chopped nuts.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 165 Fat, gm.: 5 Protein, gm.: 5 Carbs, gm.: 25 Cholesterol, mg.: 3 Fiber, gm.: 4.7
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program