Using a slow cooker
Do you run out of oven space when cooking your turkey dinner? You might want to try using the slow cooker to prepare your dressing. Put your dressing ingredients in the slow cooker when you put your turkey in the oven and both will be done at the same time. If you prefer, the dressing can be baked in the oven too.
4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes 1 tablespoon butter or margarine 1 cup chopped onion 1 cup chopped celery 1 cup peeled apples 1/2 cup golden raisins 1/2 cup chopped cranberries 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 can (15 ounces) fat-free chicken broth
Butter a casserole bowl or the inside of a slow cooker. Place stuffing cubes in a large bowl. Set aside. In a medium skillet, heat butter. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add celery and apples and cook until tender. Spoon into bowl with stuffing cubes. Add all remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed. Spoon into casserole or slow cooker. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
If baking, bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
If using a slow cooker, cook on medium heat for 6-7 hours.
Note: If your family really likes dressing, you may want to double or triple this recipe.
Serves 10(1/2 cup servings)
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 135 Fat, gm.: 2 Protein, gm.: 4 Carbs, gm.: 26 Cholesterol, mg.: 20 Fiber, gm.: 2.5
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say