This is fast and easy to make. The brandy makes it special.
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium orange, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup Splenda or sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy*
- 1/2 cup apple or orange juice
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar, optional
Wash and sort cranberries. In a medium heavy saucepan, combine cranberries, apple, orange, Splenda or sugar, brandy, and apple juice. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, partially cover pan, and boil gently for 15 minutes or until cranberries have popped and apples are tender. Taste sauce and if desired add extra sugar to taste.
Spoon into serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: In place of the brandy add additional fruit juice and ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- Calories 75
- Fat, gm. 0
- Protein, gm. .5
- Carbs, gm. 18
- Cholesterol, mg. 0
- Fiber, gm. 3.6
Donna L. Weihofen, R.D., M.S. Nutritionist, University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets