This is fast and easy to make. The brandy makes it special.
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium orange, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup Splenda or sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy*
- 1/2 cup apple or orange juice
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar, optional
Wash and sort cranberries. In a medium heavy saucepan, combine cranberries, apple, orange, Splenda or sugar, brandy, and apple juice. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, partially cover pan, and boil gently for 15 minutes or until cranberries have popped and apples are tender. Taste sauce and if desired add extra sugar to taste.
Spoon into serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: In place of the brandy add additional fruit juice and ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- Calories 75
- Fat, gm. 0
- Protein, gm. .5
- Carbs, gm. 18
- Cholesterol, mg. 0
- Fiber, gm. 3.6
Donna L. Weihofen, R.D., M.S. Nutritionist, University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK