6 ounces (2 ½ cups) bow-tie pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 large roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoon prepared pesto
1 cup fat-free chicken broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 large tomato, diced
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
In a large saucepan, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil. Add onion and cook over medium heat until lightly brown. Remove from pan and set aside. Add zucchini and cook until lightly brown. Add garlic, peppers, and basil. Combine chicken broth and cornstarch in a cup. Add to skillet and bring to a boil. Add tomato and reserved pasta to skillet. Heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup of cheese. Stir to mix. Spoon into serving bowl and top with remaining cheese and pine nuts.
Note: If desired, add cooked chicken or Italian sausage to this pasta dish.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 330
Fat, gm. 12 Protein, gm. 15 Carbs, gm. 42 Cholesterol, mg. 10 Fiber, gm. 4.7
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire