This may be the best salmon you have ever tasted. It browns beautifully and has a unique, slightly sweet, flavor. Once you try this recipe for salmon, you will come back to it over and over again.
1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets (skin removed)
Marinade1/4 cup brown sugar 3 tablespoons bourbon, whiskey or brandy 1 small onion, chopped 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 2 tablespoons canola oil
Cut salmon into 4 individual serving pieces. Combine remaining ingredients in a zip-lock bag. Close bag. Toss and press the bag to mix the ingredients. Add salmon. Toss gently to coat the salmon with marinade. Close bag and refrigerate 1 - 2 hours.
Remove salmon from marinade. Heat grill and cook salmon over medium heat on a grill pan. (Salmon is very tender and may fall apart if cooked on the regular grill grates.) Cook until brown on the outside and cooked to desired doneness in the inside.
Salmon can also be cooked on the stove in a non-stick skillet pan with a small amount of cooking oil. Cook salmon over low to medium heat. Watch carefully to prevent burning. (The salmon browns quickly because there is sugar in the marinade.)
This salmon is wonderful served either hot or cold.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 200 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 34 Carbs, gm.: 3 Cholesterol, mg.: 90 Fiber, gm. 0
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound