This is a deliciously healthy salad.
2 cups cooked wild rice* 6 ounces fat-free lemon yogurt 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1/4 teaspoon allspice 1 tablespoon orange zest 1 medium orange, peeled and cut in bite size pieces 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained 1 cup fresh blueberries 8 ounces cooked chicken breast, cut in bite size pieces 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Set cooked wild rice aside.
In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, allspice, and orange zest. Stir in orange pieces, pineapple tidbits, and blueberries. Add cooked chicken and refrigerate until ready to serve. (This can be prepared several hours or the day before serving.) Stir in walnuts before serving.
* Wash rice thoroughly before cooking. For better flavor, add chicken bouillon cubes to the water when cooking wild rice. Wild rice takes about 45 minutes to cook until tender. Do not overcook or rice will be mushy.
Note: The chicken can be omitted if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 290 Fat, gm. 6 Protein, gm. 20 Carb. gm. 40 Cholesterol, mg. 40 Fiber, gm. 3.6
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns