This is a deliciously healthy salad.
2 cups cooked wild rice* 6 ounces fat-free lemon yogurt 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1/4 teaspoon allspice 1 tablespoon orange zest 1 medium orange, peeled and cut in bite size pieces 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained 1 cup fresh blueberries 8 ounces cooked chicken breast, cut in bite size pieces 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Set cooked wild rice aside.
In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, allspice, and orange zest. Stir in orange pieces, pineapple tidbits, and blueberries. Add cooked chicken and refrigerate until ready to serve. (This can be prepared several hours or the day before serving.) Stir in walnuts before serving.
* Wash rice thoroughly before cooking. For better flavor, add chicken bouillon cubes to the water when cooking wild rice. Wild rice takes about 45 minutes to cook until tender. Do not overcook or rice will be mushy.
Note: The chicken can be omitted if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 290 Fat, gm. 6 Protein, gm. 20 Carb. gm. 40 Cholesterol, mg. 40 Fiber, gm. 3.6
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs