Impress your guest with a summer treat. Prepare the crust and top it with homemade lemon curd and fresh blueberries.
Crust1/2 cup slivered almonds 1/2 cup flour 1/4 cup powdered sugar 1 egg yolk 1/4 cup butter, softened dash salt 3 drops almond extract or vanilla
Lemon Curd -- see recipe for Lemon Curd.
Topping2 cups fresh blueberries 2 tablespoons raspberry sauce or jelly, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 inch pie pan. In a small food processor finely grind almonds. Add flour, sugar, egg yolk, butter, salt, and almond extract. Process until smooth. If mixture is too thick to process, place in a medium bowl and mix with your hands until well blended. Press dough into bottom of pie pan. Pat out evenly. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
Spoon lemon curd over crust. Sprinkle blueberries evenly on top of the curd.
When ready to serve, cut into slices and place on individual serving plates. Drizzle with melted raspberry sauce if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving with egg substitute:
Calories: 160 Fat, gm.: 10 Protein, gm.: 3 Carbs, gm.: 16 Cholesterol, mg.: 40 Fiber, gm.: 1.2
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall