Serve this healthful flavorful sauce on French toast, pancakes, or ice cream.
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries 1 cup orange juice 1/2 cup Splenda or sugar 1 tablespoon cornstarch 1/4 cup water dash cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, orange juice, Splenda or sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and boil gently for 1 minute.
In a cup, combine cornstarch and water. Pour into saucepan while stirring constantly. Bring mixture to a boil while continuing to stir. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and add cinnamon and vanilla.
If desired, puree sauce using a hand held immersion blender.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 55 Fat, gm.: 0.5 Protein, gm.: 13 Carbs, gm.: 0 Cholesterol, mg.: 1.5 Fiber, gm.: 0
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK