BLT – Bacon, Leek, and Tomato. You will love the unique flavor twist of these mashed potatoes. They are also special because you can make them a day or two before serving and they still taste like you just made them.
5 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup fat-free or 2% milk
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
salt to taste
1/4 pound bacon, diced
1 large leek, white part only, thinly sliced
1/4 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes
In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain well. Add milk, sour cream, and white pepper. Beat with electric mixer. Add extra milk if necessary to make potatoes light and fluffy. Add salt to taste.
While potatoes are boiling, cook bacon in a small skillet. Cook over medium-hot heat until bacon is crisp. Add leeks and tomatoes. Cook until leeks are tender. Drain and discard any excess bacon fat. When potatoes have been mashed, add bacon mixture. Stir to mix.
Note: If you make these ahead, cover and refrigerate. Warm potatoes in the oven or microwave before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 180 Fat, gm. 9 Protein, gm. 8 Carbs, gm. 17 Cholesterol, mg. 20 Fiber, gm. 1.3
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash