This soup is sure to be a hit. It has a unique full flavor and a smooth rich texture. For a main course soup, add ham or chicken.
1 tablespoon canola oil 1 large leek 4 cloves garlic, chopped 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, undrained 1 can (15 ounces) diced seasoned tomatoes 4 cups fat-free chicken broth 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin 1 teaspoon cumin 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon salt and pepper to taste 3 tablespoons sherry optional
In a large soup pan, heat oil. Thinly slice the white part of the leek and place in pan. Cook over medium heat until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add black beans, great northern beans, tomatoes, broth, pumpkin, cumin, and cinnamon. Stir to mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 - 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. If soup is too thick, add additional broth to thin to desired consistency. When ready to serve, add sherry.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 200 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 10 Carbs, gm.: 32 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 10.8
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000