Combine black beans and garbanzo beans for a flavorful spread with fewer calories than the traditional hummus.
1 can (15 ounces) seasoned black beans, partially drained* 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream 3 tablespoons lemon juice 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin dash hot sauce to taste salt and pepper to taste zest of one lemon
In a large food processor, combine black beans, garbanzo beans, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin. Process until smooth. Taste mixture and add hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste. If desired add extra cumin or garlic. Stir in lemon zest.
Note: If using seasoned black beans, partially drain the beans but do not rinse. If using regular canned black beans, drain and rinse. Extra spices may be needed if using regular unseasoned black beans.
Makes 3 cups
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 65 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 13 Carbs, gm.: 0 Cholesterol, mg.: 3.6 Fiber, gm.: 0
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers