Combine black beans and garbanzo beans for a flavorful spread with fewer calories than the traditional hummus.
1 can (15 ounces) seasoned black beans, partially drained* 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream 3 tablespoons lemon juice 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin dash hot sauce to taste salt and pepper to taste zest of one lemon
In a large food processor, combine black beans, garbanzo beans, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin. Process until smooth. Taste mixture and add hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste. If desired add extra cumin or garlic. Stir in lemon zest.
Note: If using seasoned black beans, partially drain the beans but do not rinse. If using regular canned black beans, drain and rinse. Extra spices may be needed if using regular unseasoned black beans.
Makes 3 cups
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 65 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 13 Carbs, gm.: 0 Cholesterol, mg.: 3.6 Fiber, gm.: 0
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire