Serve these as a meatless entrée or form them into quarter size patties to serve as an appetizer.
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed 1/4 cup egg beaters® 99% egg substitute or 1 egg 1 teaspoon cumin 1/4 cup salsa, mild or medium to suit your taste 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs Salt and pepper to taste
In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Briefly process until mixed. Shape bean mixture into 8 small or 4 larger patties. They may also be formed into very small quarter sized patties.
Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Place patties in skillet. Cook over medium heat until lightly brown on all sides and cooked through.
Serve with guacamole, sour cream, or extra salsa if desired.
Note: The bean mixture is very moist. Instead of forming the patties with your hands, place dollops of the mixture on a plate and form with a spatula.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 160 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 9 Carbs, gm.: 25 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 7.4
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam