Serve these as a meatless entrée or form them into quarter size patties to serve as an appetizer.
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed 1/4 cup egg beaters® 99% egg substitute or 1 egg 1 teaspoon cumin 1/4 cup salsa, mild or medium to suit your taste 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs Salt and pepper to taste
In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Briefly process until mixed. Shape bean mixture into 8 small or 4 larger patties. They may also be formed into very small quarter sized patties.
Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Place patties in skillet. Cook over medium heat until lightly brown on all sides and cooked through.
Serve with guacamole, sour cream, or extra salsa if desired.
Note: The bean mixture is very moist. Instead of forming the patties with your hands, place dollops of the mixture on a plate and form with a spatula.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 160 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 9 Carbs, gm.: 25 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 7.4
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire