This is a tasty southwestern bean dip that was a big hit at our recent "gourmet group" dinner party.
- 2 medium red peppers, roasted
- 30 ounces black beans, canned
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cummin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- extra hot pepper and salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in food processor. Process to the desired consistency. Serve with baked tortilla wedges or corn chips.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 65 Fat, gm. 0.5 Protein, gm. 4 Carb. gm. 11 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm 4
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need