This is a tasty southwestern bean dip that was a big hit at our recent "gourmet group" dinner party.
- 2 medium red peppers, roasted
- 30 ounces black beans, canned
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cummin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- extra hot pepper and salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in food processor. Process to the desired consistency. Serve with baked tortilla wedges or corn chips.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 65 Fat, gm. 0.5 Protein, gm. 4 Carb. gm. 11 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm 4
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers