If you would like to indulge this season, this is the perfect, old-fashioned, crisp sugar cookie. Have fun decorating them for the holidays.
1 cup butter or margarine 2/3 cup canola oil 1 cup sugar 1 cup powdered sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 4 1/4 cups flour 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon cream of tartar 1/4 cup sugar for dipping
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly butter a baking sheet. In a large bowl, cream butter, vegetable oil, sugar, and powdered sugar until light. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
Add salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Blend well. Stir in flour. Chill dough. Roll in 1 inch balls. Dip in sugar. Place on cookie sheet and flatten with bottom of a glass or cookie press. Bake for 8 - 15 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Watch carefully.
Makes 60 cookies
Nutritional information per cookie: Calories 100 Fat, gm. 5 Protein, gm. 1 Carb, gm 12 Cholesterol 15 Fiber. gm. 0
More Donna's Recipes
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors