Beet and orange are a wonderful combination of flavors. Use fresh beets if they are available but canned beets are great, too.
1/2 cup orange juice 2 tablespoons lemon juice 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar 1 tablespoon sugar 1 tablespoon cornstarch salt and pepper to taste 1 can (16 ounces) beets, drained 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, and sugar. In a small custard cup, combine cornstarch and water. Stir to mix. Add to saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Add beets and butter. Heat through.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 100 Fat, gm. 3 Protein, gm. 1.5 Carbs, gm. 16 Cholesterol, mg. 5 Fiber, gm. 1.4
Donna L. Weihofen, R.D., M.S. Nutritionist, University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn