My friend Mary created this recipe with her favorite salad ingredients. If you like beets, this is an absolute winner. Combine them with oranges, blue cheese and walnuts with a creamy red wine vinegar and blue cheese dressing. The salad can even be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve.
4 cups mixed greens 1 can (15 ounces) sliced beets 1/2 cup mandarin oranges 1 ounces crumbled blue cheese 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Dressing2 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon orange juice 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar 1 teaspoon sugar 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream 1 tablespoon blue cheese salt and pepper to taste
Arrange salad greens on 4 individual salad plates. Cut each piece of beet into 1/4 inch, match-stick style, slices and place over lettuce. Arrange oranges on top. Sprinkle blue cheese and walnuts on top of the salad.
In a small food processor, combine all dressing ingredients. Mix until smooth.
When ready to serve, drizzle desired amount of dressing over individual salads.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 190 Fat, gm.: 12 Protein, gm.: 6 Carbs, gm.: 14 Cholesterol, mg.: 10 Fiber, gm.: 2.7
- EPA grant freeze threatens UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say