The combination of the soy sauce, ginger and red wine gives the meat an extraordinary flavor.
1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons steak sauce
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup canola oil
dash hot pepper sauce
Place tenderloin in a large zip lock bag. Set aside. In a small bowl or jar, combine all marinade ingredients. Mix well and pour into bag with the meat. Marinate for 1 - 3 hours. Remove from marinade and grill or pan fry to desired doneness.
Note: Beef tenderloin is the very best meat to use for this recipe but I also tested it with less tender cuts of meat such as sirloin and eye of the round. The meat definitely was not as tender but it was still very good.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 16
Protein, gm. 49
Carbs, gm. 3
Cholesterol, mg. 140
Fiber, gm. 0
More Donna's Recipes
- Janesville police investigating shots fired in hotel
- Students make every penny count to raise money after Hurricane Maria
- DATCP releases 'Gift Card Do's, Don'ts and Gotchas'
- Local mom says thanks to community after receiving check for month's rent
- Trouble in Toyland report express concerns about children's toys connecting to internet
- Holiday spending expected to be at a 15-year high