Make your burger moist and nutritious too! By adding onions, garlic, carrots, and seasoning, burgers made from very low fat meat can be moist and flavorful.
1 teaspoon canola oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon water or broth
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon steak sauce
1 pound ground beef, 95 percent lean
In a small saucepan, heat oil. Cook onions and garlic over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add water and carrots. Cover pan and cook 10 ? 15 minutes or until carrots are tender. Spoon carrot mixture into small food processor. Add salt, pepper, thyme, and steak sauce. Blend until smooth. In a large bowl, combine carrot mixture and ground beef. Mix with a large spoon until blended. Form into 4 patties. Grill or cook in a skillet over medium- low heat until completely done. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
Note: If the burgers were made from 75% lean ground beef, the calories would be 340 calories and 23 grams of fat per burger.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 215 Fat, gm. 9 Protein, gm. 30 Carbs, gm. 3 Cholesterol, mg. 80 Fiber, gm. .8
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam