This is a super easy recipe to put together for your family or for a party. I like to serve a beef and bean enchilada along with a spinach and mushroom enchilada.
1 pound ground beef, 90 percent lean 1 medium onion, finely chopped 1 can (15 ounces) spicy fat-free refried beans 3/4 cup salsa Salt and pepper to taste 12 flour tortilla -- 6 inch diameter 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce or homemade sauce* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan or 6 individual baking dishes.
In a medium skillet, cook beef until lightly brown and thoroughly cooked. Add onions and cook until tender. Add beans and salsa. Stir to mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat. Spoon 2 - 3 heaping tablespoons of the meat mixture on each tortilla shell. Roll up and place seam side down in baking pan. Pour sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and refrigerate. Bake when ready to serve. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
*See recipe for Homemade Enchilada Sauce.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 460 Fat, gm.: 20 Protein, gm.: 28 Carbs, gm.: 43 Cholesterol, mg.: 65 Fiber, gm.: 5.9
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow